It is the time of year when people look back and give thanks as they review the year that was. Here on the EMC User Experience team, we are giving special thanks to you, the dedicated customers. You have helped us all year long by participating in usability evaluations of our products, joining our Design Partner programs, and taking time out of you very busy schedules to give us feedback on how we can continue to improve our products.
During 2014 we:
- Conducted comprehensive usability evaluations of our ViPR SRM, SA Suite, and ViPR Controller products.
- Conducted countless “mini-tests” of targeted functionality such as creating groups and editing reports in ViPR SRM.
- Had participants from IT/Technology, Telecomm, Financial, Manufacturing, Defense, Service Providers, Government, Universities and Retail.
- Had participants from North America, South America, Europe, Asia and, Australia.
- Had Storage Architects, Solutions Architects, Storage Administrators, Systems Integrators, Storage Engineers, Network Specialists, and NOC Managers.
We tried to cover it all!
And the results of the tests are now being folded back into new releases of the products. In this month’s release of ViPR SRM, you’ll see improved deployment and upgrade functionality, new grouping functionality, improved table interactions, and improved navigation and data visualization. In the upcoming release of SA Suite you’ll see improvements in managing compliance, managing notifications, and troubleshooting issues.
You have helped us to find some obvious areas that need improvement:
And found some things that you really like:
And most importantly, you are having fun during the evaluations:
So we want to extend a hearty THANK YOU to all, and invite you to join the fun next year! Interested in participating in usability evaluations? Click here.
Interested in finding out more about our Design Partner Program? Email us at EMCUsabilityTesting@emc.com.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from EMC UX!